This article is about receiving timeline markers in Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve from Simon Says. (This export is also available via the Simon Says macOS app.)
DaVinci Resolve markers on sequences
View the quick video tutorial or follow the instructions below. To view video subtitles in another language, click the settings icon in the video and select from an available language under Subtitles/CC.
- Once your audio / video is transcribed in Simon Says, click the Export button:
2. A pop-up will appear (like in the image below). Select "Other" and then “DaVinci Resolve” from the submenu.
And then export and you will download a zip file. Unzip it and there will be an EDL file.
3. Open Resolve with the media you transcribed. Then go to the “File” menu and click “Import Timeline” and then "Import AAF, EDL, XML..." like this:
Navigate to the location of your EDL file which you exported from Simon Says.
4. You will see another box with options for setting up your timeline. Once you okay and the timeline is in your bin, right click that timeline and select "Timelines / Import / Timeline Markers from EDL..." like this:
For the second time, go to the location of the EDL and import it seemingly again.
5. TaDa - check the timeline and see the markers.
Related Help Articles: