Subtitles help your videos to reach a wider audience. It’s super easy to generate captions for Facebook with Simon Says.
1. Upload your video file and click Transcribe. (Choose the language of the media to transcribe. You can translate to multiple languages later.) Fill in your payment details and click Let’s do this.
2. Edit any items in the generated transcript
If you want your file translated to have multiple language support for your SRT, now is the time to do it. Please see our article on translating with Simon Says here.
3. Export your files as SRT by clicking on SRT Subtitles and then clicking Let’s do this
4. Unzip the file that has been downloaded to your computer
5. Rename your SRT file(s) to follow Facebook’s naming convention (filename.[language code]_[country code].srt). Find a full list of Facebook’s language and country codes here.
6. Open up your Facebook account and Click Photo/Video at the top of your timeline or News Feed.
7. Choose the video from your computer, then click Post
8. Facebook will notify you when your video is ready to view. Click the notification or the gray date and time at the top of the post on your News Feed or timeline and click to view the video.
9. Click Options at the bottom and select Edit this video.
10. Click Choose File below Upload SRT files and select the .srt file you downloaded from Simon Says from your computer then click Save
11. Click ... and select Edit Video. Click under Backup Language and choose a language then click Save. Do not leave this as None.
To add captions in other languages, repeat steps 9 and 10 for each additional language you want to add and change Backup Language if necessary. Play your file to make sure your captions display. (Make sure you have enabled Always view captions by clicking Settings in the video player and selecting More video settings)
Related Help Articles: