Once you get your transcript from Simon Says, here’s what you can do on that page:
The Simon Says transcript page is like a Google Doc: go ahead, edit it!
- Copy-paste text into your transcript from anywhere
- Undo any errors using CTRL+Z/CMD+Z
You can even edit the project name.
2. Create new rows; they will each have their own timecode.
Create new rows with its own timecode.
3. Click > to add and set speaker labels.
Click > to add and set speaker labels
4. Simon Says auto-saves any edits you make to your transcript. You can also manually saving your work by clicking on “Save Now”. Auto-save turns on as soon as you make an edit and will save every 2 minutes if you continue to edit, bookmark, or annotate.
5. Jump to specific points in the audio / video by clicking the time above the row.
Click the time above each row to jump to that point in your audio or video
Or by clicking on the waveform.
Or by using the keyboard shortcut CTRL + mouse click on any word in the transcript.
6. Increase / decrease playback speed by clicking the button on the player. You can also use the keyboard shortcut: CTRL + , to decrease the speed and CTRL + . to increase the speed.
Listen to the audio faster or slower.
7. Set the start timecode and frame rate by clicking the clock icon on the toolbar. This function is important for those in production and those who need timecode-synced transcripts.
Note: Simon Says auto detects timecode for many different file formats and automatically sets it.
Note 2: You cannot adjust the timecode of individual words or rows on the website; you can only set the start timecode/frame rate for the whole file which will automatically adjust the timecodes for each word.
Production people know the importance of synced timecode
8. Bookmark your selects (you can also use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + b) and use the bookmark filter to focus your transcript.
Click the bookmark icon to bookmark a row.
9. Annotate as necessary and use the annotation filter to focus your transcript.
Click the annotate icon to leave a note about the row
10. Switch between files: click the down arrow beside the file name to switch between files and their transcript in your project (if you uploaded more than 1 file into that project).
11. Save time with our handy keyboard shortcuts. Click the ? icon on the toolbar.
Keyboard shortcuts are different for PC and Mac. Click ? to see your shortcuts.
12. Export to your post production programs, MS Word, Excel, SRT, or text.
Click Export and you’re done.
13. Share your project (read-only mode) with clients and colleagues so they can view its videos and their transcripts in the nifty player. The share icon is beside the project name.
To share a project with edit privileges, please sign up for a team account.
Happy transcribing | Simon Says
Related Help Articles:
Can I purchase in advance and prepay for transcription / translation credit?
Do you have an on-premise solution for high-security environments?
Do you have team accounts?
How does Simon Says work?
How much does it cost?
Simon Says Project Labels
Simon Says Walk-Through (video)
Speed of Transcription & Translation
WYSIWYG Subtitle Editor