Benefits of a team account
There are two key benefits of a team account.
- Team members can share transcribed projects with each other (either with specific users or the entire team). Example: one person can upload an interview recording, another person can edit it and a third person can export it in a format compatible with the editing program they use.
- Users can tap into the shared team billing for all their transcriptions. This means that one person is the account owner and pays for their team’s subscription while each member can utilize those owner’s billing details.
How to share
- Sign up to Simon Says and subscribe.
- Ask your teammates to sign up and subscribe for a Simon Says membership too. Each person in a team needs to be on a paid monthly or annual plan.
- Message us to activate your team account.
- Create a new project and transcribe it. From the transcript screen, click the share button.
5. Select the rights you would like your team members to have for the file. You can choose from can view (read-only), which allows members to only view the file, or can edit, which gives members the right to edit the transcript as well as export to any of our supported formats.
6. Before a team member accesses a project, their name will be listed in light gray text. Once they open the project, their name will be dark.
Team share rights apply for all team members. To change team rights or disable access to the project once a project has already been shared, change rights from the team share section as well as for each individual member
Teammates who have access to a shared project are able to view or edit (depending on rights granted) the transcripts of all files in that project. Only the project owner can edit the project name.
Only one person at a time can be actively editing a file in a project, but teammates can edit other files in the project. A lock next to the filename means that a teammate currently has that file open. To unlock it, ask the member to close the project.
All team members can share projects they have created with the team.
From your dashboard, you can see which projects are yours, which ones have been shared with you, and which ones you have shared with others.
TaDa! Happy sharing.
Earn credits by introducing friends and colleagues to Simon Says! See more here.
Related Help Articles:
Invite friends and earn free credit!
Can I purchase in advance and prepay for transcription / translation credit?
Do you have an on-premise solution for high-security environments?
How do I change my credit card details?
How do I upgrade or downgrade my account?
I haven't received my email confirmation