The MacOS app can run independently, even if you don't have FCP X.
You need at least FCP X 10.4.4, the first version to support Extension, to run the Simon Says Extension. Here is how to install our transcription tool right in FCP X:
- Download and install the Simon Says Extension from the Mac App Store.
- Run FCP and you should see the Simon Says extension like below:
- If you don’t see it, run the Simon Says application from the Applications folder and login. Restart FCP X and you should see the Simon Says extension now there.
- Remove the Simon Says app from the Applications folder
- Remove the folder on Macintosh HD > Users > [User name] > Library > Containers > ai.simonsaysapp which contains the transcodes of the project files you imported to Simon Says for transcription
Additional help: https://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.4.4/#/ver7e3767356